IPC Mastering course
Advanced Teaching for Learning in the IPC (3 day course)
This is a 3 day course and therefore will not have a workshop option
Who is this course for?
This course is for teachers and educators who have been working with IPC for some time. It is most suitable for those who:
- Have reasonably secure knowledge and experience of the IPC Main Programme
- Have been working with the IPC Main Programme for at least two years and/or...
- Have participated in a range of IPC courses and workshops previously
By the end of the course you will:
- Know some of the latest findings from neuro-science and neuro-education which have the most relevance on your IPC classroom practice
- Know about a range of evidence-based teaching practices and strategies that have a positive impact on children’s learning
- Know about the different ways that digital learning can impact and deepen children’s experience of the IPC
- Know what international mindedness looks like in primary-aged children and how best it can be developed
- Be able to reflect upon what kind of world our children are growing up in and what that means for the kinds of children we need to help develop
- Be able to consider (based on the above outcome) what children should be learning and what schools and teachers should be doing to support that
- Be able to critically analyse and reflect upon a range of effective teaching practices and strategies that are based on extensive academic studies and evidence
- Be able to construct an effective, impactful and evidence-based IPC Teaching for Learning Policy for your school
- Develop a deeper understanding of the underlying principles of the IPC and how these have guided the overall structure of the curriculum
- Develop a deeper understanding of the IPC units of work and why they have been structured in the way they are.
- Develop a deeper understanding of what learning is and the factors that affect it
- Develop a deeper understanding of what ‘good’ teaching looks like and how and why it impacts on children’s learning
If you have any queries about South East Asia Summer School please contact Lauren at [email protected] or 0044 (0)207 531 9696.